6 Reasons Why I Cloth Diaper
Updated: May 27
This site contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. To learn more please click HERE.
I have a 2.5-year-old son who was in disposables his entire diapering experience. Cloth diapering didn’t even occur to me because I assumed it was GROSS and a Whole lot of work! Which is absolutely not true but I think that’s the stigma cloth diapering gets.
I started cloth diapering my daughter at 3.5 months. She is now potty training.
My decision to cloth diaper came pretty easy actually. I read a few articles on the damage disposables are doing to the environment and I didn’t want to be apart of that. I want to do my share for the planet.
Here it is 6 reasons why I cloth diaper:
1. Disposables can take up to 500 years to decompose!!! That fact alone is just HORRIFYING. That means EVERY single one of my sons diapers will still be in the landfill when his great, great grandchildren are born. Think about that for a minute. That’s a lot of diapers!
2. Now lets talk about chemicals & Toxins!
Toxic chemicals found in diapers can lead to allergic reactions as well as be cancer causing...
3. Cloth allows for better airflow, which means less diaper rashes. HOORAY!!!
4. Another Huge reason I cloth diaper is the Cuteness factor!
How cute are cloth diapers? Seriously? They just make your little ones tiny little bum the cutest thing ever! Plus matching diapers to outfits is just so much fun.
5. MONEY $$$$$$
Disposables are expensive… So expensive it’s actually ridiculous. If your child is in disposables for 3 years it can cost up to $3000 or more depending on the brand you use. That is a completely TERRIFYING number.
Cloth can cost anywhere from $200-$900 for an entire stash that will last you for multiple kids. OR you can buy some pre-loved cloth and spend a fraction of that. Pre loved is a great way to get started, it’s exactly how I got started.
6. Cloth diapers are amazing because they catch blowouts. No more poop up baby’s back and in their hair! YUCK
That is enough to make me want to switch!
love cloth diapers and I am super happy with my decision to switch. That is not to say it is wrong for anyone to make the decision not too. As parents we just need to do the best we can do whatever that may mean. Happy Parents = Happy kids!